Graduation is Thursday, May 26, 2022
Val A Browning Center for the Performing Arts
Weber State University Campus
3850 University Cir, Ogden, UT 84408
Starts at 11 am. Line up no later that 10:30 am.
Fall graduation will be held for those of you who do not finish up your final credits and assignments by the May 19th deadline but do finish all graduation requirements by the fall deadline.
Fall 2022 Graduation is tentatively scheduled for October 6, 2022. Credit must be earned by September 29.
Final Credit - U's - Cap & Gown Fees - Order Announcements
All late work, credit recovery, and U make-up must be completed by 3:30 pm on Thursday, May 19, 2022 in order to be part of our graduation ceremony on Thursday, May 26, 2022.
All library books, laptops & cords, and hot spots must be returned, and all fees paid before you can pick up your graduation packet.
- U’s may be made up by attending Satellite, making Meals for U's, attending PTC's, or working with teachers.
- BONUS U Make -up: 2 hours of babysitting for family (not for pay AND parent or guardian verified via email or written note); 2 hours of housework (not for pay AND parent or guardian verified via email or written note); 2 hours of yard work (not for pay AND parent or guardian verified via email or written note ); 2 hours of volunteering (parent or guardian verified via email or written note); Email Tracie with a list of 3 short term goals (6 months-1 year) and 3 long term goals (3-5 years) that you would like to accomplish. Tracie's email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The graduation fee must be paid for by Friday, May 20th online or in the main office. This $30.00 fee pays for your cap, tassel, and our diploma cover (which you keep). The gowns are rented and are not to be kept. Announcements can be purchased in packs of five for an additional $3.00 per pack. Please note these graduation fees are non-refundable, so potential graduates must be cleared by Counselor Tracie to purchase their graduation packet.
- If you would like to pay the fee online, please call the main office to have that added to your account. Also, be aware that if you pay online with an e-check there is no processing fee. There is a 3% fee for credit card payments online or in the main office.
- If you would like a yard sign announcing you are a MHS senior, please fill out this survey.
- You are guaranteed 10 tickets per graduate. These tickets will be given out when you pick up your graduation packet. If you request extra tickets, any remaining tickets will be distributed on May 24.
- Free parking is available in lots W-4 and W-5 on the northeast end of campus. Paid parking is available in the PPL lot near the pond. Parking costs in the PPL are $2 for the first hour and $1 for each hour or portion of an hour thereafter. All three lots are circled on this map.
- Do not attempt to iron your gown. Ironing it may melt the fabric and ruin the gown. If that happens, you will be responsible for purchasing a replacement for $25. To remove wrinkles, sprinkle your gown lightly with water and place it in the dryer. After a few minutes of drying, remove the gown from dryer and hang it up.
- Best dress is to be worn under your graduation gown, including shoes.
- Culturally significant emblems/accessories may be worn over your graduation gown. Caps may not be decorated.
- There is NO SMOKING on the WSU Campus.
- Diplomas will NOT be given out until after the graduation ceremony. Your diploma will be waiting for you after the ceremony. You will also receive a graduation gift!
April 26: RETURN LIBRARY BOOKS - No books may be checked out after April 26. Library fines and fees for lost books must be paid by May 23.
April 26 - May 20: CREDIT CHECK – Complete credit check and obtain signature from Counselor Tracie.
April 26: CAP AND GOWN ORDER BEGINS – Complete order form with payment. NO REFUNDS! You will keep your cap and tassel. Your gown is a rental item and belongs to MHS. It must be returned immediately following the graduation ceremony to receive your diploma.
Announcements may be purchased in the office at any time (5 for $3.00)
May 19-20: DEVICE RETURN – Device turn-in for students who are finished with all coursework. Return devices, cords and hotspots to the Science Lab. May 19 during lunch and after school. May 20 during Advisory.
May 19: AWARDS ASSEMBLY - The assembly will take place between 4th and 5th periods. Adjusted Bell Schedule will be followed.
May 20: LAST DAY TO EARN CREDIT – This is the last day to submit credit and place any orders.
May 20: LAST FRIDAY - Yearbook Distribution, School BBQ, Car Show, Games, etc
May 23: FINES & FEES MUST BE PAID - Last day to clear any fines or fees in the office.
Teachers Available for Consultation
May 24: GRADUATE DAY – MANDATORY graduation meeting, senior exit survey, group picture, and graduation packet distribution (caps and gowns, honor cords, etc.). Breakfast begins at 9 am
Senior Sunset - pizza and movie at 6:30 pm followed by watching the sunset.
May 26: GRADUATION CEREMONY - Audstad Auditorium, WSU Browning Center. Graduates MUST be there by 10:30 am! Graduation starts at 11 am.