The Davis Technical College (Davis Tech) is an opportunity for high school students to participate in a COLLEGE level learning experience. It provides opportunities for skill development, work experience, and career preparation in a variety of certificate programs. These programs include careers in the following areas: business and technology, construction, health professions, manufacturing, service professions, and transportation. Certification is available upon completion of a program.
Important information and Registration Procedures:
- Courses count as Career & Technical Education (CTE) or Elective High School Credit.
- Students must be on track for graduation and cleared by the counselor.
- Students need to complete and turn in an application and understand and sign the accompanying disclosure statement. Forms should be picked up in the Career Center and completed forms should be returned to the Career Center.
- When students are able to go, they will be contacted by Kari or Lindsay and told what mini-term they will start and how to apply online with Davis Tech. Do not apply online without talking to Kari or Lindsay first.
- Students will need to be registered and pay the $40 application fee before the mini-term starts. Kari or Lindsay will walk you through this step.
- Students will need to pay a $40 student fee each year. For other possible costs, go to the Davis Tech website and find your program. If paying for fees/books/supplies is a burden, you may request a Needs Based Scholarship Application from the Career Center.
The Davis Technical College website provides information about their programs and can be accessed at www.davistech.edu.
There are many scholarships available on the Davis Tech Scholarship website for students.
Scholarship applications for both the Graduating Senior Technical Education Scholarship and High School Tuition Waiver are available on the Davis Tech website in late Spring. To see what courses apply, click on the High School Scholarship link on the Davis Tech Scholarship website.
A quick overview of each scholarship:
Graduating Senior Technical Education Scholarship: Funds tuition, fees, and required books for graduating high school seniors for one year following graduation and is available in programs defined as “High-Wage, High-Demand”. See the scholarship page for qualifying programs.
High School Tuition Waiver: Funds tuition and some fees for high school seniors that have not completed their Davis Tech program before graduation. The waiver is valid for up to 12 months following graduation. Check the website for qualifying programs.
Don't forget to check out the other scholarships and financial aid available to students. Students must complete the FAFSA to be eligible for most scholarships and tuition waivers.