The Davis Technical College (Davis Tech) is an opportunity for high school students to participate in a COLLEGE level learning experience. It provides opportunities for skill development, work experience and career preparation in a variety of certificate programs. These programs include careers in the following areas: business and technology, construction, health professions, manufacturing, service professions and transportation. Certification is available upon completion of a program.
Important information and Registration Procedures:
- Courses count as Career & Technical Education (CTE) or Elective High School Credit.
- Students must be on track for graduation and cleared by Counselor Tracie.
- Students need to complete and turn in a registration form and understand and sign the accompanying disclosure statement to Lindsay or Shanel.
- When students are able to go, they will be contacted by Lindsay or Shanel and told what Mini Term they will start.
- Students will come to the Career Center on the first day of the Mini Term at 8:20 am if they are going in the morning, or 12:30 pm if they are going in the afternoon.
The Davis Technical College website provides information about their programs and can be accessed at www.davistech.edu.
There are scholarships available on the Davis Tech Scholarship website for students.
Scholarship applications for both Utech and Bridge are available on the DavisTech website in late Spring. You can complete the Utech application for all programs except Cosmetology, Esthetician, Master Esthetician, Nail Technician, Hair Design, Phlebotomy, or Injection Molding.
A quick overview of each scholarship:
Utech Scholarship: Funds tuition, fees, and required books for high school seniors for one year following graduation and is available in programs defined as “High-Wage, High-Demand”. All of Davis Tech’s program qualify, except those listed above.
Bridge Scholarship: Funds tuition and some fees for high school seniors until December 31, 2020, following graduation and is available in Cosmetology, Esthetician, Master Esthetician, Nail Technician, Hair Design, Phlebotomy, or Injection Molding.