Work Based Learning
Work Based Learning/Work Credit Program
Mountain High School
• A $5.00 fee is required for students enrolling in the Work Based Learning Credit Program. The initial fee is not refundable and needs to be paid before you will be enrolled in the program. The fee of $5.00 helps offset the costs of your involvement in this program and will cover up to 2 credits for seniors and 1 credit for juniors per semester. The maximum credits that you can earn in this program is 4.
• Work Based Learning Credit can be awarded ONLY to Juniors and Seniors 16 or older. The student will receive credit for the term they are enrolled in.
• The student must be EMPLOYED and PAID by a LICENSED BUSINESS. The student MUST bring in or email all paystubs to show proof of this.
• The student must be enrolled and pass an approved related class (Career and Technical Education course) with a "C" or higher grade in the term work credit is received.
• A MAXIMUM of TWO JOBS will be allowed each semester.
• Students are to complete an APPLICATION and return it to the Career Center. The $5.00 fee and pay stubs need to be turned in with the application. A TRAINING AGREEMENT will be prepared from this application.
• You should pick up the prepared TRAINING AGREEMENT in the Career Center. The training agreement requires a signature from the student, a parent or legal guardian, and the cooperating employer. The agreement will be ready within 2 days of receiving the completed application.
If you have QUESTIONS about the Work Credit Program, contact Lindsay Porter, who is in the Career Center, or call (801) 402-0464.