Welcome to Mountain High School. We are an alternative high school for the Davis School District.
We invite you to learn more about us and take advantage of what we have to offer. We are a small school with big opportunities, serving primarily 11th-12th grade students of the Davis School District.
This October we extend a special welcome to the AdvancEd team of the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). They will be visiting schools throughout the Davis School District October 7-9 to assess the district accreditation status for renewal. Davis District is unique because we are accredited as a district. This is significant because it helps ensure consistency and alignment of schools throughout the district. Accreditation is the process of officially verifying school improvement by recognizing and certifying quality and competency. Accreditation involves all stakeholders. NWAC has over 100 years of expertise in accreditation and school improvement.
§ assures students have qualified teachers
§ maintains clear focus on student learning
§ ensures rigorous, diverse, and sound curriculum based on quality standards
§ evaluates transitions
§ assesses range of student activities and support services
§ reviews processes of transfer of credits from school to school and eligibility for special programs, grants, and scholarships
As parents or guardians, you can contribute to school improvement and the accreditation process by
• being informed about what’s going on in your child’s school
• providing feedback through parent meetings, surveys, and focus groups
• attending MHS parent meetings and Parent Teacher Conferences
• talking about school with your student
• encouraging your student to get involved in school
• communicating with teachers as needed
Students contribute to school improvement and the accreditation process by
• providing feedback and completing surveys
• attending MHS Quick Start and Parent Teacher Conferences
• talking about school with your parent or guardian
• getting involved in school
• communicating with MHS staff and administration
"No Matter the Climb,” welcome to the Mountain!